Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Peppermint Apples Horse Treat Recipe

I wanted to quickly share with you a different type of horse treat for you to try out this weekend. No baking involved, for those who are Martha Stewart Challenged! Easy peasy...

So, let's just dive in - 
SOMEONE needs to clean their grout.
Peppermint Apples
1 large apple
1 shredded carrot
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup honey
5 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon salt
3 crushed peppermints


What to do...

Cut the apples into large chunks. I hope you can handle this. Then I'd suggest towel trying them, so they're not too wet...this will make sense later...right? Then set them aside.

I should be a food photographer.

Mix the honey, peppermints, sugar, and salt in a bowl...I recommend using a spoon!

Are a crazy horse lady's nails ever nice looking?



Oooohhh...texture.

Mix the oats and carrots in a separate bowl. With a separate spoon.

I went with a gladware thing, so I would have to do less dishes later...watch!

Next, coat the apple chunks in the honey mixture and roll in the oat mixture. Seriously, this is kid stuff.

This is why you dried off your apple slices...
so stuff would stick to them! If it's still not, try adding more honey.

Ooooohhh more texture. I was feelin' it, I guess.

Place on a plate or tupperware container (SEEE??) and refrigerate until you feed to horses.  Try not to eat them all before you make it to the barn.
Plastic horse, optional.

Do not let recipe sit for more than a few days...obviously.  The recipe makes plenty for two or more horses, so SHARE! Sheesh.

See? I told you it was a no brainer. I felt silly taking pictures, but it's the internet, you never know who's reading!


See you out on the trail!
The Horse Junkie

No comments:

Post a Comment