Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!


...to those of you in the States!

Every year at this time, I try to look inward and thinkabout the things I have, and what I’m thankful for (I know, how mushy and emo)because I feel super blessed to be where I’m at in my life.  Sometimes I, as I’m sure all of us do fromtime to time, get so buried in our daily schedules and running here and thereand doing this and that, that we miss out on coming up for air to look back atwhat we’ve done, who we have in our lives, and what makes up our own lives.  I find myself constantly getting lost in theflow of life, and losing chunks of time all at once!! (How fast did this yeargo, amIright?) Lol…So, without further adieu, please let me share with you a fewthings I am thankful for…
Truth. Sometimes, it hurts.

Photo Credit: www.pinterest.com
First of all, what immediately comes to mind probably mostlybecause of this blog, is that I have three AMAZING horses, who give me moreeach day than I could ever give them back over a lifetime.  They are my support system, my joy, mychildren, my wallet cleaners, my stinky, fluffy, nippy dreams come true.

I have a family who loves me unconditionally, puts up withall my get-rich-quick ideas (Side note: I’m not rich), listens to my storiesabout the horses, and supports me no matter what.  Even with living on the other side of thecountry, they manage to always be there for me, and don’t ever let me losemyself.

I have a solid group of friends, barn friends, and coworkerswho are my second family, always there to listen to me, guide me, offer advice,let me rant, support my silly ideas, look out for me, and share both the joysand sorrows in my life.  I know that Ican reach out to them at any time for anything, and they will come through (andhave, many times).

I have a job, while tough and challenging at times (read:most of the time), has allowed me to HAVE horses in the first place, and to bemore or less financially stable day to day. This job has taught me more about myself, and has taught me so manyskills that honestly affect some HUGE aspects of my life.

I have great lesson kids (and their families), who let meunplug for a few hours each weekend and reconnect with my own inner kid, whilesharing a common interest and love with them, hopefully inspiring them andtheir futures too.  They make what I doworth it, every time.

I have a car that helps me get from place to place daily,and 80% of the time does not let me down…Although it is material, I place a lotof faith and trust that this car will help my life continue on, and it does!

And last but not least, I am thankful for the Internet. Itsounds silly, but think about it.  Without it, I wouldn’t be able to keep in great contact withmy family, friends, OR meet any of you readers. Some of my greatest friends and acquaintances I have met or reconnectedwith over the Internet. I feel super attached to you guys, and I couldn’timagine living in a pre-Internet world! Thank you, THANK YOU for taking time out of your busy days to read myblog posts or my Facebook, or check my Instagram. Most of you readers don’teven know me in the “real world,” and trust me, not a day goes by that I don’tthink about you guys, and feel completely and utterly blessed and loved thatyou give me a piece of your time to read these, or ask me about my horses or mylife, or tag me to share something with me, or whatever it may be. YOU INSPIREME.

What are some things that you’re thankful for, as we preparefor the Thanksgiving holiday? No matter what stage of life you’re in, or whatyou have, there are ALWAYS things to be thankful for…Happy Turkey Day!

PS. Last mushy post for a WHILE! Whew, that was exhausting. :)

Disclaimer…yeah, disclaimer: Please don’t look at any ofthis as me bragging – it’s NOT intended that way. I know I am very lucky, but Iwork very hard for what I have!! XO


No comments:

Post a Comment